What Information is Collected? On our Site, we collect teacher name, email address, grades and number of students taught, and school district information. In our surveys, we may also request additional information, including but not limited to, student demographics, topics of courses taught, and the effectiveness of STEM material.
What Information is Automatically Collected? On our Site, we may collect certain information automatically, including: the IP address of the computer You are using, the date and time You are connecting to the Site, analytic data, technical information about Your computer, such as the operating system, the browser and the internet service providers You are using, and other similar information. Our Site also uses “cookies” to enhance user experience.
How Do We Use This Information? We use personally identifiable information only if the subject of the data has consented to the use, the use is necessary to perform an agreement that the subject of the data is a party to, or that the subject of the data has requested prior to entering into an agreement, to comply with a legal obligation, to protect vital interests of an individual, or to carry out a task in the public interest that is an obligation of PLTW;
We may use personally identifiable information to improve customer service, to respond to Your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently, to improve our Site, for purposes specified at the time of collection, to run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature, to provide information about topics We think will be of interest, to advise Site users of survey results, or if they won a contest, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may send periodic emails to survey user experience and to answer inquiries, questions, or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, we may send emails that include PLTW news or updates. You can unsubscribe from receiving future emails at any time; unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of each email.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We may share information about visitors to the Site:
- With Verizon, business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers to help provide services that are described above and on the Site.
- With third party service providers that help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. Newsletters and surveys are only sent if You have agreed to receive them.
- With companies that provide services to us, such as website hosting services.
- With companies that are disclosed to You at the time You provide the Information.
We may share information about survey results:
- With Verizon, business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers to help provide services that are described above and on the Site.
Google Analytics Notice
California Privacy Rights
PLTW, as a nonprofit entity, is not subject to the California Consumer Protection Act; however, PLTW seeks to protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information that it holds, to ensure that such information is used only for the purposes for which it was collected, and to provide rights to data subjects. Therefore:
- PLTW will not sell personally identifiable information to third parties for monetary compensation;
- PLTW has provided a mechanism by which users may seek correction of personally identifiable information which the site users reasonably believe is incorrect; and
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We use reasonable data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. However, it is impossible to guarantee security of any website, or of data transmitted over the Internet. While We seek to protect information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information You provide through the Site. It is important that You are careful when You provide private information online, that You use a secure connection, and that You protect your username and password.
Third Party Websites
- This Site may provide hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures within a document, that, when clicked, take you to another place within the document, to another document altogether, or may take you to a third-party website not controlled by PLTW.
- Any third-party websites may collect, use, and disclose information in a manner different than the Site. PLTW is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these websites and expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
Third Party Websites
Any information PLTW collects from its donors is used by PLTW for internal purposes only, such as program implementation, tax reporting, legal compliance, or budgeting, and is shared with board members, staff and third parties for these purposes only. Otherwise, donor information shall be kept strictly confidential by Project Lead The Way, its board members, staff and volunteers, unless permission is obtained from individuals or organizations to release such information. Project Lead The Way is committed to respecting the privacy of its donors.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
The Site is not targeted to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly market to or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable parental consent.
PLTW retains personally identifiable information only as long as it is needed for permissible business purposes, as required by law, and in accordance with record retention policies. Upon expiration of the retention period, personally identifiable information is disposed of in a secure manner.
Access from Outside the United States; Acceptance of Policy
This site is intended for users within the United States.
Updated: August 2020